Applications for Habitat's Homeownership Program are only taken during our open application windows. Our application window is now closed.
Habitat for Humanity does not keep a waitlist. If you would like to be notified when the next application window opens, email your request to Meagan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to Know As You Apply
- Available Habitat for Humanity units have a Summit County deed restriction that requires one the following scenarios to qualify:
- The purchaser (or at least one purchaser, if the Unit is being purchased by two or more individuals) is employed full time at a business or businesses (if multiple part-time jobs) located in Summit County. For purposes of qualifying, “full time” is defined as working for a business or businesses located in Summit County a minimum of 1,560 hours per year (or approximately 30 hours per week); or,
- If self-employed, the purchaser (or at least one purchaser if the Unit is being purchased by two or more individuals) must be registered as a business entity in the State of Utah, have a current Summit County business license, and provide substantial goods and/or services within Summit County; or
- The purchaser (or at least one purchaser if the Unit is being purchased by two or more individuals) is a retired person who was a full-time employee of a business located within Summit County for at least two continuous years immediately preceding his or her retirement; or
- The purchaser (or at least one purchaser if the Unit is being purchased by two or more individuals) is unable to work due to a disability
- Due to the size of the available unit, household sizes of two (2) to six (6) persons will be prioritized.
- The income range for this application round is 50%-80% of the Area Median Income.
- The unit available is currently under construction..
- After applying, eligible applicants may be required to submit supporting documentation that includes, but may not be limited to, the following:
- 2021 and 2022 tax returns
- W2's and any 1099's for 2022.
- Last two (2) months' pay stubs or earning statements
- Credit report from Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. You can request your free credit report online at annualcreditreport.com
- Valid Utah State-issued identification
- Documentation of all current and/or future student loan obligations
- Last two (2) statements for all checking, savings, investment and/or retirement accounts
Click on the button below to learn more information on the program and what a successful candidate looks like.